Our client, a large federal contractor, has openings for a Release Manager at the IRS
Task Description: The key objective of RRP is to provide a unified system that is integrated into the IRS’s modernized Infrastructure for the detection of fraudulent returns and refund fraud schemes to ensure timely issuance of refunds and credits that are legally due to filers, while preventing issuance of refunds and credits that are not legally due to filers. This integrated system shall provide the platform to implement the IRS’ new business model to meet changing fraud detection needs, and to streamline the business processes. The ability to implement changes in time to counter evolving fraud schemes is highly valued.
Duties: TS1 Release Manager is responsible for the delivery of the RRP TS1 solution to the IRS client and is responsible to the IBM Program Manager and PE for solution delivery and financial performance of RRP TS1. In addition, this resource is responsible for design, build and deployment of the first release of RRP. This release will provide components of the Return Review Program including an integrated data warehouse, report and ad hoc query capabilities, an environment to implement business rules, develop predictive models, and simulate return scoring and an environment that supports scoring incoming tax returns. The candidate will integrate the activities of multiple project teams including, development, business rules, data analytics, architecture, data and test to build and deploy the solution. The candidate will collaborate closely with the multiple IRS organizations and be the IBM Point of Contact to all IRS organizations for the IBM TS1 team. Duties include:
· Ensure the project follows appropriate project management methodology and follows contractual obligations of RRP and TIPSS-4 including tracking/forecasting Project Financials (revenue and profit) as well as Project Risks, Issues and Dependencies (30%)
· Manage relationships with IRS RRP TS1 Release Management and IRS Executive Management and ensure IBM team leads maintain effective relationships with the IRS RRP TS1 team leads and IRS support personnel and their IBM team members (30%)
· Prepare, track, manage and report Project Progress via MS Project Plan and Weekly/Monthly Status Reports (10%)
· Track Project Level deliverables, work products, reviews and milestones. Ensure on-time delivery of all work products and strive for early submission of all deliverables (15%)
· Provide leadership to and collaborate with the IBM TS1 team leads and team members to ensure their project success and career advancement (15%).
Please note these are the top technical skills that the Buyer feels a candidate MUST have. General knowledge of basic office software such as MS Office Suite as well as good communications skills are a given.
· Experience leading a large development effort in all phases of SDLC (5+ years)
· Experience with formal/structured SDLC methodology (5+ years)
· Experience managing Data Warehouse development and implementation efforts (4+ years)
· Experience managing Business Intelligence development and implementation efforts (4+ years)
· Experience with COTS integration efforts in the Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing domain (3+ years)
· Experience managing client relationships (5+ years)
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS
Please note these are nice to have skills. It does not preclude a candidate who does not possess all or some of these skills from the selection process but this could be used as a differentiator between candidates:
· Experience with Earned Value Management System based project(s) (2+ years)
· Experience standing up a deployment/O&M operation to support production system (2+)
· Prior IRS experience and, especially, an active MBI, is a plus. Knowledge of IRS business systems and data, is an extra plus